1) 1990-1991: The U.S. promised the Soviets numerous times that NATO would not expand. NATO on the doorstep is a security threat to Russia.
2) February 2014: As the world witnessed on tape and as documented widely, Victoria Nuland ans Ambassador Geoffrey Pyatt orchestrated a coup in Ukraine after a legitimate election and they were not working on their own. After the coup, the new government embarked on an anti-Russia crusade, attacking Russian-sympathetic citizens, and welcomed Nazi sympathizers into the government. The brutal war crimes of these lawless, violent thugs are well documented.
3) Because of the coup and the ensuing hostility to them, the citizens of Crimea voluntarily seceded from Ukraine and rejoined Russia. The provinces of Luhansk and Donesk (collectively known as the Donbas) declared independence from the new regime (seceded). This was somehow twisted into the opposite, as Russia invading Crimea.
4) 2014-2015 – the Minsk agreements, which were signed by Ukraine and Russia, were a kind of peace treaty which could not be sustained due to attacks on the Donbas by U.S./NATO funded Ukrainian militants.
5) Russia was directly provoked when NATO membership was dangled in front of Ukraine by Biden, a clear red line. The situation escalated and Russia invaded. The word used was “temporary.” But Zelenskyy conscripted all males 18-65 and shot those who tried to leave. Meanwhile the women and children were displaced leaving them vulnerable to abuse and trafficking.
6) In February 2022, Russia abandoned the Minsk Agreements and recognized the Peoples Republics of Donetsk (DPR) and Luhansk (LPR). In September 2022, Russia formally annexed Luhansk, Donetsk, Zaporizhzhia and Kherson. Neutrality worked. A U.S./NATO backed proxy war did not work. The unstable situation could not continue.
7) Russia is on track to take Ukraine and much more. They will never stop fighting. Ukraine does not have the assets to win this war unless the U.S./NATO and paid mercenaries fight it for them expensively, dangerously and continually, to the point of nuclear war.
8) Zelenskyy should be concerned about the many videos of his forces behaving brutally. This is not a one-sided story.
He would be better off leaving.
—Get a new President in charge who is not partnering with outside countries and enriching himself.
—Try to salvage what is left of the country by declaring it neutral.
—Focus on making its natural resources off limits to outsiders.
Take care of the Ukrainian people for once!
By Dr. Dannielle Blumenthal (Dossy). All opinions are the author’s own. Public domain.